DIY Bird Feeders

I've made these DIY bird feeders with the kids the last few year.  It's fun to put them in the trees in our backyard and catch the birds having a little treat.  However, I had troubles keeping them together for some reason.  I couldn't find gelatin so I used lemon jello (which I have in the past and it worked) and it was an epic fail.  So I did a redo with gelatin but added too much bird seed.  So I tried a third time and they were much better.  Definitely not like last year but they still worked.  Sometimes you look at a pin on Pinterest and think that is so easy but for some reason it just doesn't work.  

Bird Seed Feeder Recipe
3/4 flour
1/2 cup water
1 envelope of unflavoured Knox gelatin
3 tbsp corn syrup
Cookie Cutters
Straws
Wax paper
twine

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.  Stir well until coated.  Spray cookie cutters so they don't stick.  Pack tight.  Poke a hole near top with straw.  Let dry overnight.  Use twine to hang.


Here is my first failed attempt.  I tried using lemon jello and it wouldn't stay together.


Make sure to add straws for the holes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips