woodland meets glam


Today Oliver and I put together some snowglobe-like glass arrangements for the playroom while Isla napped.  It's a little woodland and a little glam.  I had considered making actual snow globes with glycerine but couldn't find jars I loved and I like the idea of being able to use the minitures again for something else.  This was kind of a trial and error project.  I tried mason jars but you couldn't see the animals that well because of the writing on the jars.  I also bought some fake snow at Michael's but it looked cheesy.  Epson salt worked perfect. I found the jars and  gold Christmas trees at Value Village, the animals at a toy store and the white Christmas trees at Michael's.  Added abit of gold glitter and done.  Fun little project that is cute and the kids love it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips